Banking & Finance Associate
An international law firm and one of the top 50 AmLaw firms is looking to hire associates to support the structured finance mortgage practice.
About the Role
This role is responsible for providing advice on corporate banking, corporate finance, securities law, consumer lending, secured transactions, credit agreements and other similar activities. This role is also tasked with reviewing documents before they go to closing and may be required to handle litigation of financial disputes or draft legal documents for major transactions like mergers & acquisitions.
Structured finance mortgage practice is the field of finance that deals with the financing of real estate transactions. Structured finance mortgages are loans secured by collateral or rights to other property, which can be pledged as security for the loan. The money is used to make payments on loans taken out by homeowners, businesses, and governments.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, IL
Sector: Banking and Finance
- Drafting contracts and other legal documents for clients
- Advising clients on the full range of legal matters that arise in their day-to-day business activities
- Drafting responses to client correspondence
- Preparing for and appearing in court when necessary
- JD degree from a top law school (or JD degree with 3+ years of experience)
- Strong research skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
Our founder, Matthew Leach, has practiced law in multiple environments and represented clients in a range of legal arenas. After seeing the frustrations of his contemporaries and experiencing personally the tribulations building a legal career can bring, he was motivated to make the move into the recruitment space. His empathy and innate ability to understand the motivational core of candidates, coupled with his analytical mind and knowledge of the law, brought him recognition and success as a Legal Recruitment specialist.
- In 2015 it was time to do more, and 5Legal was created with the single-minded, laser focus of improving the way recruitment and human acquisition interfaced with the career needs of rising talent
- Matthew’s unique approach, depth of research, and characteristic ability to see the right choice of candidate for our clients is now the core of 5Legal
- Helping the best legal professionals reach their full potential is our ‘why’.